Monday, May 12, 2014

personal logo

My logo design didn't come easily.  It was a struggle to design something that truly represented me.  In order to do that you need to know yourself.  This required a lot of soul searching.  Since i still haven't found out the type of person i am and who i am to become, this logo almost felt impossible to complete.  
I went through many ideas and many designs... but they were awful.  Just so terrible.  Honestly, a third grade student could've done better than me.  i just had no creative juices flowing.  it was just bad.

like i said... i went through many ideas... my artboard shows the diversity of my ideas..


my final design was...
i didn't get to this design until i saw this work of art by a specific artist.  This artist didn't list their name. but i love their work.  it was mainly things in nature that had bright colors and were layered.  

this led to my inspiration of sunsets.  I've always loved to sit out and watch sunsets and sunrises.  If i couldn't design something that represented me as a person (since i haven't found myself quite yet), then i decided to design something that showed what i liked.



p.s. my extra credit

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thought process. It flowed nicely into the sunset idea. Looking to a mood or feeling to portray is an awesome idea. I'd like to hear more about how your final design correlates to things. Also, I can't help notice the top layer is slightly off center. What does this represent?

    ReplyDelete